Monday 5 August 2013

vintage beach shack





In the days well before pinterest, I kept folders of pages torn from magazines. I still love the coastal home ideas I collected.  
This is one of my favourites, it must be from over 10 years ago. A classic style Australian beach hut in Victoria, full of ideas we can use to get the vintage beach shack look in our own homes. 




White timber walls with simple shelves lined with vintage and natural coastal collections. Fishing baskets, aqua glass bottles, antique marine prints and beachcombing finds create a relaxed atmosphere.






Could you see yourself daydreaming here?





A perfect beachcomber's retreat don't you think?




via pages torn from Vogue Living Australia




11 comments:

  1. I love a bathing box and with those studs exposed and all the object d'art this one is lovely.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this little shack. Most of the bathing boxes on the Victorian coast never seem to get used. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definetly daydream there. Simply dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen 'bathing boxes' here. It is such a quaint comfy shack style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice little shed. I love the white planks: simple, but so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!
    I had/have folders of magazine clippings too, though I did declutter some of them a couple of months back- still have a few though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have the 30+ books I made filled with pages torn from magazines. I still look at them for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this shack! Love that you had a picture diary, cant be actual pictures (albiet from a mag/ clippings) in the reels. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have folders and folders of magazine clippings just like you, but now I collect most of my ideas on pinterest as well. You can never tire of looking at beautiful and inspirational pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, how sweet is this?! I have fallen in love!!!!
    sunny summer greetings from Germany, geisslein

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...