hello.. i've got a recipe for you today. something i made up one night and have practically been living on since.
it's super healthy, super yummy and super easy.
quinoa is a highly nutritious food that looks like a grain but is actually a seed, which makes it high in protein. it's good for those avoiding gluten or grains. i now prefer it to rice.
- add 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa to a saucepan.
- cover and bring to boil
- reduce heat to the lowest simmer
- cover and cook til no water remains
- keep an eye on it, stir occasionally. if it's not quite cooked add a small amount of water and cook a bit longer
- roast about 1/2-1 sweet potato sprinkled with oil and salt
- when 1/2 cooked add the rest of the vegetables
- 4 zucchinis (courgettes) chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- lots of cloves of garlic to taste (i add about 10)
- when cooked add 1/2-1 can of chickpeas & 1/2-1 can lentils
- mix in about half or more of the quinoa and add tamari
- for added protein top with shredded chicken
- we also add tamari pepitas available at health food shops
- cashews would also be nice
if you haven't used it tamari is a healthier version of soy sauce available in the health food aisle of the supermarket. i've been adding the remaining quinoa to salads.
hope you like it!
Oh yum - looks delicious and just the sort of healthy food I'm looking for. Will definitely be trying. Thanks KylieReplyDelete
i think you'll like it kylie. xDelete
I love quinoa too! This looks very similar to a salad I make, I love macadamias in mine!ReplyDelete
Have you tried the red or black quinoa?
there's always lots left over so i eat it cold like a salad during the week. i've tried the red but not black. xDelete
Hmmm, not being very fond of quinoa, I might give this recipe a go, it does look delicious!ReplyDelete
oh..i love it! i don't understand why you wouldn't like it. this recipe might convert you roberta!ReplyDelete
I love your "Table for two" and also the post with the vintage beach photos in black an white!!! Your recipe sounds very delicious... i've never eaten "quinoa"... but i will try it this weekend;-)) Thank you for sharing the recipe.ReplyDelete
(Sorry for my english... i try my very best;-))
Hugs from Munich, Ursula
looks delicious thanks for sharing will definately give it a go. Annie xReplyDelete
I love anything with roasted veggies, and this looks yummy!! XReplyDelete
I don;'t think I have ever tried Quinoa ... you have inspired me to give it a try!ReplyDelete
Melissah from Coastal Style
That sounds good! I'll give it a try.ReplyDelete
I have never tried quinoa, you have inspired me too especially as we have so many courgettes growing the garden at the moment!ReplyDelete
I love quinoa. I'll be trying this today. Thank-you! LeahxReplyDelete
hi Beachcomber - I love quinoa also. my husband, Phil, does a great quinoa, pumpkin and spinach broth (i think he got it out of the weekend paper once!)ReplyDelete
this looks fab. i'm going to give it a whirl next week with some roast lamb.