Monday 10 June 2013

beachcomber shadow box





Whether you live on the coast or not, here's a simple way to re-create the beauty of nature and hold onto memories of happy, relaxing days spent at the beach. 





These shadow box frames are available at art and craft shops. I painted mine white but it would look fine left natural. 
I removed the backing and glued some beachcombing finds, shells, feathers, driftwood, rope and pebbles randomly to the board using strong wood glue, it seems to work well on the heavier pieces such as pebbles.





I secured the board back into the frame. 
Stand on a shelf or hang on a wall.

Happy beachcombing!

Find more ideas with beach finds here & here.








12 comments:

  1. I love shadow boxes too, yours is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I did something very similar - you can see it here
    http://pinterest.com/acoastalchic/h-o-m-e/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yours is gorgeous! even looks like the same shadow box :)

      Delete
  3. That looks such a great idea!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I was hoping for a sunny weekend to go pick up a few shells on the beach for a little summer decoration, I might need to pick up a few more for a little shadow box project now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave away a shadowbox not long ago. Now I am sorry I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across a deep-sided frame I had stashed away in a cupboard the other day. It would be perfect for something like this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely idea which I must try.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project! I'd like to make something like this with all of my ocean treasures! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's completely stunning Cheryl. I love beachy shadow boxes and yours is beautiful.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love all the treasures from the sea! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...