Monday 4 November 2013

sculpture by the sea





It's that time of year when the Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk is filled with sculptures for the annual Sculpture by the Sea. 
I've only seen a section of it and hope to go back to see the rest later in the week.
The walk itself is spectacular enough, but with the addition of such amazing and interesting artworks to enjoy and contemplate it's a nice escape from reality... 
with some old and new houses to admire on the way.




I don't know what this one's called.. I'm calling it stairway to heaven.













Life's an uphill battle sometimes.. I know how this guy feels (;








 "Horizon" seems to be everyone's favourite. A large sphere that reflects the movement of the waves and surfers below upside down. I could sit there and watch all day.

It was great to find this interview with the artist Lucy Humphrey on You Tube and hear the inspiration behind her sculpture. I hope you enjoy it too!


11 comments:

  1. The sculpture, HORIZON, is simply spectacular and the short interview with it's creator, Lucy Humphrey, only added to my enjoyment. I will google both the creator and the sculpture.
    Thank you for sharing this Bondi to Tamarama Coastal Walk. Wish that I could see it in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the ones you shared last year, these ones look just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing this to us each year. I love the stairway.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great display of creativity at it's best with a stunning back drop.....breathtaking!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture reminded me so much of my childhood. I spent the summer in the South of France and there were "lauriers roses" everywhere (I don't know the name of the bush in English). I love "stairway to Heaven" very much, but "Horizon" is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my!

    Each sculpture is beautiful in its own way. I think the staircase is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of Art!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these sculptures with us. Personally, I don't think any of them improved on the original sculpture by Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those sculptures look even better than last year which I thought were amazing!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beautiful stairway to heaven and others is a wonderful idea. Displaying art on the beach-great. Your shot of the ocean and wave alone captured me as do all your wonderful photos of the ocean and sea around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. brilliant! I am very taken with your shot of the curling wave though. The gold coast one was on a few months ago, but didn't get there. Well, I drove past it and there were people everywhere and I couldn't get a park! so I figured I am meant to wait till next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...