hello.. i've got a recipe for you today. something i made up one night and have practically been living on since.
it's super healthy, super yummy and super easy.
quinoa is a highly nutritious food that looks like a grain but is actually a seed, which makes it high in protein. it's good for those avoiding gluten or grains. i now prefer it to rice.
- add 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa to a saucepan.
- cover and bring to boil
- reduce heat to the lowest simmer
- cover and cook til no water remains
- keep an eye on it, stir occasionally. if it's not quite cooked add a small amount of water and cook a bit longer
- roast about 1/2-1 sweet potato sprinkled with oil and salt
- when 1/2 cooked add the rest of the vegetables
- 4 zucchinis (courgettes) chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- lots of cloves of garlic to taste (i add about 10)
- when cooked add 1/2-1 can of chickpeas & 1/2-1 can lentils
- mix in about half or more of the quinoa and add tamari
- for added protein top with shredded chicken
- we also add tamari pepitas available at health food shops
- cashews would also be nice
if you haven't used it tamari is a healthier version of soy sauce available in the health food aisle of the supermarket. i've been adding the remaining quinoa to salads.